Error opening SCIAMACHY files in python

Hi, I am trying to open SCIAMACHY Level 1b v8.0 data product having .N1 file format.

I have installed coda using $ conda install -c conda-forge coda.

There was no definitions directory in /$prefix/share/coda/definitions. I have created definitions directory and copied ENVISAT_SCIAMACHY-20180102.codadef in that directory.

While using python I am also providing CODA_DEFINITION by os.putenv('CODA_DEFINITION', '<your codadef search path>')

I am still getting error “unsupported product file” while using coda.open( ).

I need guidance on what I am missing here.

Thanks,
Dhyey.

I hope you are not literally using $prefix and <your codadef search path>. Did you actually replace these with the actual paths?

Yes. I replaced it with my paths.

Then please provide the commands/paths that you were actually using. Please also provide the conda environment path of the conda environment in which you installed coda.

I have an anaconda environment named coda under path, /Users/dhyey/opt/anaconda3/envs/coda/.

There was no definitions directory under coda. I created a directory and have copied coda definition for SCIAMACHY with the following path /Users/dhyey/opt/anaconda3/envs/coda/share/coda/definitions.

The definition I am using is - ENVISAT_SCIAMACHY-20180102.codadef.

Thanks a lot. I will be happy to provide any other information required.
Dhyey.

That all looks ok.

Are you calling the putenv before the coda import as is also mentioned here?

Yes, here are my import statements,
import os
os.putenv('CODA_DEFINITION', '/Users/dhyey/opt/anaconda3/envs/coda/share/coda/definitions')
import coda

Then I don’t know what is going wrong.

If I create a conda environment like that and put the .codadef file in a created definitions subfolder things work for me:

% ls -l /Users/sander/mambaforge/envs/coda/share/coda/definitions
total 312
-rw-r--r--@ 1 sander  staff  158928 Sep 15 10:36 ENVISAT_SCIAMACHY-20180102.codadef

% cat sciatest.py 
import os
os.putenv('CODA_DEFINITION', '/Users/sander/mambaforge/envs/coda/share/coda/definitions')
import coda

with coda.open('SCI_NL__1PYDPA20120408_102637_000017863113_00267_52867_0000.N1') as product:
    print(product.fetch('/mph/product'))

% python sciatest.py                                               
SCI_NL__1PYDPA20120408_102637_000017863113_00267_52867_0000.N1

I was able to run it finally. I deleted the conda environment and repeated all the steps from scratch. I did everything the same and strangely it worked this time. You can close this query. Thank you so much for all your help and time.

Thanks,
Dhyey.

could you plz tell me how to transform N1 format to nc format or HDF5 format,thank you.
I am also using this kind of document and hope to discuss it with you.