QDOAS installation in MAC (Big Surr)

I’m struggling to install QDOAS in my MAC Since I’m not familiar with linux or MAC OS.

Since some environment settings went probably wrong with my base anaconda environment, the error constantly pops up as the following lines:

conda install -c stcorp-forge qdoas
Collecting package metadata (current_repodata.json): done
Solving environment: failed with initial frozen solve. Retrying with flexible solve.
Solving environment: failed with repodata from current_repodata.json, will retry with next repodata source.
Collecting package metadata (repodata.json): done
Solving environment: failed with initial frozen solve. Retrying with flexible solve.
Solving environment: -
Found conflicts! Looking for incompatible packages.
This can take several minutes. Press CTRL-C to abort.
failed

UnsatisfiableError: The following specifications were found to be incompatible with each other:

Output in format: Requested package → Available versions

So I’ve created the dedicated anaconda virtual environment for qdoas installation and the installation was quite successful with the command “conda install -c stcorp-forge -c conda-forge qdoas”

There was no error during the installation. However even after adding a path to the directory where qdoas has been installed (in my case, it was “/opt/anaconda3/envs/qdoas/qdoas.app/Contents/MacOS/”), I cannot see qdoas GUI. When I initiate the program, it consumes a lot of CPU capacity and the QDOAS icon pops up on my dock, but that’s it. Nothing happens afterward and I’m puzzled what should I do, or what I’ve done wrong…?

Awaiting for your cleverness…!!

You should not have to set a PATH to /opt/anaconda3/envs/qdoas/qdoas.app/Contents/MacOS.

Do you have the same problem if you open the /opt/anaconda3/envs/qdoas/ folder in the Finder and just double-click on the qdoas.app icon?

Yea, it still doesn’t work. Icon pops up in my dock but nothing else happens.

Is there anything that I need to check prior to reinstalling the qdoas with conda?

I assume that you are using the latest macOS (Big Sur)?

It seems that there is a bug in Qt (the graphics library that is used by qdoas) on Big Sur.

Unfortunately, I don’t see an easy way to workaround this in the qdoas code itself.
So for the moment you would have to start qdoas from the command prompt (Terminal) using:

$ QT_MAC_WANTS_LAYER=1 /Users/<username>/miniconda3/envs/qdoas/qdoas.app/Contents/MacOS/qdoas

(with the path adapted to where your qdoas conda environment is located).

The command prompt works!! Thank you very much, and I really appreciate your help.

Hope you best