Wplot problem with user-define arrays

I am using three 1-dimensional user-defined numpy arrays (lon, lat, data) with wplot and a 3-D globe projection without a problem. If I attempt to use a 2-D projection such as Plate Caree and the same arrays, I have an outline map but with no data plotted.

However, if I use a HARP product as my data, I have no problem with either 2D or 3D maps.

Am I missing something?

Can you explain how you are calling wplot to create the 2D and 3D plots?

Also, be aware that once you have a plot you can switch between 2D and 3D by first enabling the properties panel using the ‘View/Properties’ menu and then from the ‘Plot’ tab select the projection you want.

Furthermore, plotting HARP products will result in the same routines being called in the end, so I am rather surprised that you have a difference between that and calling wplot directly with your arrays.

Thank you for prompt reply. However, I have now found a solution to the problem.

It appears to be connected with the pointsize property in wplot. With my particular dataset, setting a pointsize of 1.0 allowed the 3D plot to work but not the 2D plots. Setting a pointsize of 1.5 allowed both 2D and 3D plots to work. Curiously, with no pointsize value set at all (default = 1.0?), both appeared to work.

I have also noticed that I am working with an out of date conda package. A newer one does not appear to have the problem so please close my enquiry and sorry for the bother.